Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fiasco...averted.

2011/1/13 Elizabeth Butcher
Ivy,

I am a exchange student from West Virginia University who will be attending Ming Chuan this spring and saw in the handbook if we wanted to stay later than the date scheduled to move out of the dorm there would be a small fee.
Where can I find more details on this? I was hoping to stay until the 27th of June and did not know if I needed to move to a hotel when the dorm date is up or what the fee would be to stay.

Thank you for your time! I am looking forward to meeting you soon.

Elizabeth M. Butcher
West Virginia University

Hi Elizabeth,

you may be charged by additional NT$100 per day for staying longer.
for example, if you stay for 10 more days after the date is up, the extra cost is NT$1,000, approx. U$33, which is quite reasonable i think.

thanks.

ivy

I have decided to stay an extra ten days and spend my 2oth birthday in Taiwan this year, continuing my tradition of a different city every year. This time, however, I thought a different country would bring in my new decade of age nicely. For $33USD? Absolutely.

So, at last, I purchased my tickets today...but amidst the rush of work and time zone changes, the tickets I purchased caused me to arrive the 11th of February at 9:50PM...the day prior to the dates available to arrive. A phone call, crazy explanation, and ten thousand thank you's later, the purchase was voided and I was able to purchase tickets safely delivering me to Taiwan on the correct date. Fiasco averted.

Today was very productive. Aside from purchasing my tickets, I finished a scholarship renewal application and turned in the paperwork to receive my money from the B&E Enrichment Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment