Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day Eighty-Four.

Parents were never a problem for me in the US; after my first encounter with a set of parents that didn't like me, I set about learning what makes parents happy, both for my own mother's benefit as well as a person benefit of having my friend's parents like me as well. For the past four years I haven't had a problem relating to my friend's parents; I can carry on a conversation and actually become very good friends with them. I love adults because of the amount of wisdom they possess, and love hearing their stories of how they grew up and earned their current status. In short: Parents are my thing. It seems, however, that I've finally met my match, and not in a positive way. Without ever knowing anything of me other than my nationality and my name, I have been blacklisted. She even went so far as to not answer her son's phone calls after mentioning me. The irony is that I have a great deal of respect for this woman, even after this "shenanigan" due to what she has experienced and done for her family. Even funnier is that she's probably right. So, in less time than it has taken for a scratch to heal on my hand, a friendship has blossomed and gone. How can you miss someone you don't even know? I guess the same way that watching the stranger who sat next to me on the late-night MRT disembark makes tears come to my eyes because I know I'll never see them again. My heart has connected itself straight into the soul of Taiwan and the thought of letting go scares me. I have less than fifty days left here, and I can't imagine myself anywhere else in the world. Graduate, then return you say? So easy, but not a complete solution to the problem. When I leave here on the 27th of June, it will be the last time I see all of these people together in one place. I may never see some of them again in my life. When I return--I know I will--It won't be quite the same. My friends and loved ones that make this place even more special will be gone, all returned to their homes around the world.

怎麽辦?

No comments:

Post a Comment