Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day Ninety-Eight.

There's something about the ocean and seeing the stars mapped out above it that makes one feel incredibly small. With no lights, and no people, the world feels so large it could reach out and swallow you whole and no one would ever notice. Standing on the edge and letting the tide wash in around my feet, hearing no sound but the waves, it is so easy to fall into meditation. Breathing with the push and pull of the water, the rushing sound falls away. I don't know how long I stood there, but I had sank pretty deeply into the sand. Such a beautiful feeling, to have an awareness of the world going on around you, the earth doing it's own thing--so alive. I felt simultaneously a part of it and disconnected from it all.

all is one. one is none. none is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment