Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day Seven.

Although it feels like a month, today marks one week since my arrival in Taiwan.

I've had writers block for the past two days; words are failing me. I feel no need to speak, only listen. Unlike yesterday, however, I was presented with many opportunities to photograph Taiwan. Amy and I visited the Flora Expo, and while the constant rain made for somewhat a miserable atmosphere, it made for beautiful photographs. I took almost as many photos today as I have the entire time I've been here. All of the sites, both indoors and out, were absolutely breathtaking and the scent of flowers was in the air every direction you turned.

Amy also took me to see the last of the Lantern Festival. There were lantern displays made by high schools and individuals from all over. The display was very near Taipei 101 so we went over and walked through the mall to get out of the rain a while. If I felt out of place on the streets, I was a giant blue elephant in that mall. Every prestigious (over-priced) store in history has a shop there--Gucci, Tiffany & Co., and the works. I didn't know what to do with myself.

I went back to sleep this morning after showering and slept in for the first time. It was glorious. Unfortunately for me, I have to leave at 10:30 in the morning to meet Amy again, so no sleeping in. The fortunate part is we are going to the zoo! I wonder if I'll see a monkey there...

No comments:

Post a Comment