Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day Three.

In case anyone is wondering, there are a LOT of stairs. Stairs going up, stairs going down, stairs going UP to get DOWN and DOWN to get UP, backwards stairs, upside down stairs...well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but you get the point: Ming Chuan likes skinny students and they know how to keep them that way. Well, it's either the stairs, or the fact that everyone here lives on ramen noodles because in order to get ANYTHING to eat you have to climb down off of this mountain and walk to Shi Lin for it. Let's be honest here--I bought ramen too.

The medical check up went well today. The exchange students all met in front of the main building to wait for the bus which allowed us some time for socializing. I met more of the exchange students while we were waiting for the bus to take us to the hospital. We are quite an interesting bunch, I must say. The medical examination went well, just a chest X-ray to check for something to do with tuberculosis. All in all, took about 30 seconds a person and we were on our merry way back to MCU.

I grabbed my camera and went for a stroll when I arrived home today. With so many stairs, I really need to find my way around this Escher labyrinth as soon as possible. What better way to explore than through my lens?

At last, more girls have starting moving back into the room. Wendy put down foam interlocking flooring for me today while I was at the hospital. I was so excited about it when I got home! She cut out the pieces to fit around the ladder, desk, and fit it all snugly against the walls...it must have taken hours. I really don't know how I got so lucky as to get such wonderfully nice roommates, but I love it. I am definitely looking forward to getting to know them all this semester.

Classes start tomorrow, however I do not have class until Friday. Apparently here, week one gives everyone a chance to attend the classes they would like to enroll in before actually DOING so to try it out. I'm going to test out my International Trade Regulations class on Friday with Vy over on the Ji He Campus across town. Let's hope I don't get lost! The Mandarin Intensive Program starts on March 11th, with the placement exam on the day beforehand. Thankfully this gives me some time to study and practice before getting destroyed by the exam.

Tonight, I feel I am going to sleep well. Too many nights without a proper rest, and I forgot to purchase another blanket while I was out--something has to give. I'm either going to pull through, and sleep off this bloody jet lag, or die. Let's hope for the best. Tomorrow: Laundry detergent and chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment