Monday, April 4, 2011

Day Fifty-One.

It's amazing how one little slice of home can literally change everything. Until now, I've just been going through the motions, trying to get a grip; I hadn't found my niche. Tonight, after Pokémon and The Walking Dead I have to say, I'm starting to feel like I'm home. Taiwan has been here all along, waiting for me and at last I feel like I've taken root. Now all is left is to dig in and grow.

Justin, Fiona, Fantasia and I went to Ji He this evening, found an empty classroom, and watched Pokémon on the overhead. So awesome--I felt like a child again. After Pokémon, we decided to go for the full effect, and turned on The Living Dead. Lights out in an empty classroom, empty building, sitting on the edge of our seats, we peered though the slits of our fingers as they covered our faces in anxious horror then laughed as we jumped at the slightest thing. It was definitely a humorous sight, and a wonderful way to spend the evening. Thanks, guys.

I must confess, even now I am procrastinating. I have not yet started my Chinese homework for the weekend. I have ten words to define, and a 220 character essay to write on top of studying for my cumulative exam that will take place first thing Wednesday morning. It is my hope to get a rough draft of the essay finished tonight and have a friend look over it tomorrow and help me to fix it. However, as it is 2:40AM, I feel that hope fading in place of a more urgent hope: sleep. I must rise in the morning at 7:45 to shower, then I am meeting Jae for lunch. Who knows what the evening will hold? Let us hope it holds the completion of my homework and a good night's rest.

Farewell for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment