Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day Seventy.

Some mysteries are better left unsolved.

I went to the movies today with Herb to see Source Code. Great movie. While there, I discovered something about Taiwanese "fast food" dining: most is not fast food. You get a legitimate meal on a plastic plate. I had chicken and vegetables on a nice rice pilaf today. It was delicious and a reasonable price. Upon further investigation, the only fast, fast food places I discovered were of US or European origin. Interesting....

Maïa's birthday party at MiCasa was awesome last night. It was my first time out to a club here and two of my friends were having their parties there at the same time. It was great to see my classmates in a new element and get to know them a little better as well as dance a little...or more than a little. The lady at the door looked at me a little oddly when I produced my US driver's license as proof of ID, but other than that, the night went flawlessly. Well...almost. Did I mention I left my cellphone in the taxi I took home? Don't worry, by some method I still have not discovered, my friend Jeannie now has possession of it. The idea of this still boggles my mind. Let me lay this out for you. MiCasa is 25 minutes away by taxi with some traffic or so, and there are thousands of taxis in Taiwan. Jeannie had not left the club yet when I arrived home. So the question still lingers of how did she find MY taxi and MY cellphone? I almost don't want to know, but I do. What happens if the truth isn't as miraculous as I've chalked it up to be? Maybe some mysteries are better left unsolved...

Tomorrow at 3:30, I am meeting some new friends to run in the park. I am definitely looking forward to new people and running buddies. Running alone here on the track gets boring and I don't keep as good of a pace as I should; I can't push myself without a pacer there to urge me on. I'm curious to see how well my training has prepared me to run with real runners--cross your digits that I don't die.

Bedtime. Peace out, cub scout.

[In real news, two great photographers were killed in an attack between the loyalists and rebels in Libya. One of the men recently produced the fantastic documentary "Restrepo." Their work was life-changing and they will be remembered.]

No comments:

Post a Comment