Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day Seventy-Five.

Walking home tonight, a leaf flew out of a tree and landed on my head. It made me giggle--it was such a big leaf. I plucked it from my hair and walked with it for a bit, just looking at it and feeling its soft fuzzy underside and the veins in the top. I held it up to let a street light shine through and smiled at the beautiful pattern that traced its way throughout. I was in the right place at the right time for the leaf to find a new perch upon my head. At least I know I have one thing right.

Something clicked for me today. I don't know who flipped the switch, nor how, but at last, I found myself speaking Chinese without thinking about it. Everything makes sense now. Reading can still have its difficulties, and my writing is definitely improving, but, at last...I have my voice. Look out, Taiwan; I'm going to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment