Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day Sixty-One.

I want to start by thanking Rob for reminding me to blog tonight. It's been a long day.

At last it seems the people in the area know me. I get smiles along with stares, "hello's," and waves. I even had a man whistle at me today to get my attention...and then he waved. Sorry Mr. Dumpling Cook, I didn't mean to forget to wave at you today! The weeks are flying by; I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday! I have a nice Hot Pot lunch planned with a group of friends to celebrate the end of midterms week, but really, I just wanted a reason to go to Hot Pot again. Who am I kidding? I don't have midterms.

I also created a new photography website today. It's flash-based just like the other. I even used the same basic template, but the two are very dissimilar. As in, this one rocks out loud. I need to refine my portfolio and switch out the stock photo gallery for my own and then I will launch the website and release the URL to the public. Please stay tuned!

Today wasn't particularly eventful...went to Shilin tonight with Jay and Andy for dinner and a little shopping. There seems to be an increasing number of foreigners inhabiting the area which sort of creeps me out. I've made it into a hobby to walk along with my friends and point them out while speaking Chinese. The locals love it and start laughing with us when they hear and see us 'also-foreigners' calling out the others. This was great until I ran into two guys from Cleveland, Ohio. I have nothing against Ohio--I was born there. I have a problem when the inhabitants of the state don't know of the existence of other well-known cities in their own state. They also asked me where I was from. Did I mention I was wearing WVU sweatpants? Yeah, the entire left leg is inscribed with "West Virginia" in Old Gold on Blue. Sorry pal, I'm from Texas. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment