Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day Fifty-Six.

It's interesting when your mind goes from missing home to thinking "foreigner" when you see someone that doesn't belong. I realized I had flipped this mental switch when riding in the car last night with Caleb, Canle, and Stanley and we pointed at the one Caucasian guy walking through the street. I wonder how many people see me and think the same--I'm going to prove them wrong.

It seems like so much has changed. At last, I've found myself.

To recap the last few days:

I finally got the change to get out and do things. Chinese class is under control, and I'm making so many new friends. I'm sorry again that my last few posts have been lack luster!

Tuesday- We went to the study hall after lunch and worked on homework; I finished my essay and my vocabulary words in around two hours. That is definitely a record time for me. Study hall = magical. I went back to the dorm and received an IM a little later about dinner, so I headed out again to eat noodles. They were delicious! We found some milk tea and went to sit under the MRT track on some rocks and talked half of the night about culture, life, language, and everything in between.

Wednesday- After class I had lunch with Joy, Jun, and Jay again, and following our routine from the previous night, bought some tea and went to the park to talk. It was a beautiful day and we all sat in the grass and just goofed off, taking silly photos and whatnot. Everyone had homework to do, so we went back to JiHe and found a classroom to work in and received night-altering news: The Manchester United vs. Chelsea Premier match was at 3AM that night. Making the decision to attend, we went to grab a quick dinner then everyone went home to try to rest.

Thursday- The game was amazing as you saw from my post. What was NOT amazing was being incessantly flirted with by a drunken Englishman for most of the game. A group of Europeans walked in and one of them saw me, pointed, and said, "HEEYYY!!!!!" I was thoroughly confused and thought maybe I had met him previously or something so I laughed and said hello. Worst mistake ever. He spent the rest of the night trying to buy me a drink and talking to me during the match. I wanted to punch him in the face so badly. When I finally made it VERY clear I had no interest in him, they left. Sheesh. The game ended with Man U up 1-0 and we caught a taxi home. I made it to bed by 5:20 or so and was back up at 7:45 to shower and go to class. Did my homework during the second hour of Chinese in around five minutes and handed it in (I told you I'm getting better! Got it back on Friday, 100% correct). I got lunch with Ilya since I hadn't spent time with him for such a long time and had a great time laughing over the silly things that have happened since the beginning of break. After arriving home, I had a nap and then grabbed dinner, milk tea, and MRT tracks to sit on the rocks and talk again. Needless to say, it was a very long day.

However, out of all of that, I still have to give first prize for Best Day to Friday. Let's hope I can keep having better and better days and continue to trump my "Best Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment