Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day Eighteen.

Somehow I have managed to be turned into a statistics tutor once again. I fly to the other side of the world, and still yet it follows me. Hello there, Hypothesis Testing! Long time no see. Looks like we're going to become really good friends again...On the bright side, this allows me a chance to jumpstart my weekly dinner parties like I had in the states with my friends. Every Wednesday after Marketing, we're going to hit up Carrefour, cook some delicious food, and study stats. Somehow, I'm okay with this. Tonight I attempted to make American food...but truly, what IS American food. McDonalds? KFC? Hotdogs and apple pie? Why doesn't America have anything delicious that isn't filled to bursting with GMOs?? I made hamburgers. Anyone that knows me, however, knows that my hamburgers are interesting to say the least. I like to dice up fresh spinach and toss it in with some ranch dressing and breadcrumbs and mix it with the burger before frying. Top it off with some pepper jack cheese and you have a delectable burger to dine upon. One problem: I'm in Taiwan. Ground burger? No problem. Spinach, ranch dressing, breadcrumbs, and pepperjack cheese? Problem. So I improvised. Don't let anyone tell you that picking a random vegetable in the leafy section is a bad idea because they're lying. With my ambiguous green leafy prize, dijon mustard dressing, smoked cheddar slices, and baked Lays chips in hand, I made THE Frankenstein of all burgers...and they were DE-LICIOUS. Moral of this story: No one needs a recipe...just some really bad ideas and courage to take the first bite. NOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment