Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day Twenty-Eight.

Another shopping day today, with even more success than previously. Joanna, Aileen, Yvonne, Seralyn, Gana, and I left the dorm around noon today and ate breakfast/lunch in a phenomenal place. This city continues to surprise me with its hidden treasures. We were literally walking down a dirty alleyway and went in a random door, next thing I knew I was standing in a beautiful restaurant complete with plush seats and aesthetic lighting. I almost stepped back out the door to make sure I hadn't gone though a portal to a different world. Not only was the place visually pleasing, the food was inexpensive and delicious; it easily replaced What's Burger as my favorite restaurant. (Sorry, WB.) It is soon to be my usual haunt; I can't wait to take Brian there. After eating, we overtook Tianmu once again for some BestBuy action. B1G2 sale is still going on and we each left with a bag in hand. Not quite having satiated our need to shop, we browsed the second-hand market and found some great treasures. I purchased a few things for myself, and found something for my future roomie, Kamala, as well as my step-father and brother for their birthdays. Hellooooo new place to Christmas shop. I think I'll be needing to mail a few parcels home so I don't have to lug them through the airport...

Such a great day. It feels so good to belong somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment