Friday, March 18, 2011

Day Thirty-Four.

Some things go as planned. Most things don't. Willful thinking doesn't even begin to factor into fate. I guess I just need to learn to roll with the punches.

Once again, I am sick. I visited the clinic between classes to get some medicine to break the fever and felt much better by the end of Trade Reg. I was invited to dinner by some classmates and ended up having a great time dining on xiao long bao. Delicious.

I don't know what has gotten into me lately--I haven't been quite acting myself; I feel cloudy inside. It is as if I can't quite find who I am anymore. I say things I would nor normally say, and do things I wouldn't normally do--harmless gestures, but noteworthy nonetheless. One month of chasing the butterfly though the forest and I am no closer to catching it than the day I arrived. Taiwan, who am I?...and who do I want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment