Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Thirty-Nine.

I want to start out by posting something I have been meaning to mention for a week now: Congratulations WVU for our first B&E ranking! [Read the full article here]
The WVU College of Business and Economics has been ranked in the Top 100 Best Undergraduate Business Schools of 2011 in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek, and you're invited to celebrate!

Please join us for a reception in the 4th Floor Atrium in the College of B&E on Tuesday, March 15, at 1:30 p.m. We're ranked because of the hard work of our students, faculty and staff. So let's eat cake and celebrate! I look forward to seeing you there.

Jose V. Sartarelli, Ph.D.
Milan Puskar Dean
A Taiwanese friend of mine that I met in class was accepted today by MCU for study abroad and is currently awaiting the response of the host institution. If all goes well, Ray Kuo will become part of the Mountaineer family this fall semester! When he first approached me to ask about a few schools in the US, he had no idea where I was from. So, obviously, when he opened his booklet and said his first choice to attend was WVU, I was through the roof in excitement. Keep your fingers crossed for him!

I apologize for the lack of presence of personal thoughts or real writings lately--as I said yesterday, time seems to be moving too quickly for me to keep up. I stayed up very late last night conversing with Tim Terman about the article I mentioned back in December. I'll update with further news as he informs me of what's going on with it. At least I can mark that off of the list of things I need to finish. Sanya stopped me outside class today to remind me to bring my documents in for the Visa renewal, so I will be doing that tomorrow after Chinese class. It feels pretty good to knock two large To-Dos off of my list, but it's a vicious cycle. I have a midterm exam next week for Marketing class that I need to study for as well as a group project looming ever closer. This is no time for procrastination.

Happily, I have already completed my homework for Chinese today! A step in the right direction for getting things done on time. Let's hope I won't be up until 5AM again tonight...granted, judging from how I am feeling now, I don't know if I will make it to 10PM without drooling facedown on my keyboard...

Zzzz....

[post edit: Ray was offered California Long Beach and he took it over WVU.]

No comments:

Post a Comment