Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Twenty-One.

Wonderful brunch of scrambled eggs with green onions and cheese and bacon this morning--definitely felt like home. I'm so happy to have friends with apartments that have kitchens that allow me to commandeer their place for a while. I guess I would too if I got free food in the bargain. Count me in.

I traveled to DanShui today for a while. Unfortunately it was too cloudy for very good photographs...not to mention cold and windy. Regardless, it was still beautiful. Just a short time after arriving, I was asked to take a photo with a group of girls. Hilarious, and awkward. I figure I'm already on someone's facebook by now. Celebrity status: Acquired.

I am still feeling ill, but a little better. I'm trying to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated and it seems to be working on the sore throat as well. I think it all just comes down to Taipei's air is absolutely disgusting. With so much motor travel, auto fumes are constantly in the air and even with a breeze there's no where for it all to go. I may try out the masks I see people wearing everywhere. I wonder how much more they'll stare at me then with my blue eyes peeping out from over the mask and my blonde hair blowing in the faux auto fume breeze. Sounds like a scene from a low budget foreign film that people wouldn't watch if they were paid to...

I feel myself procrastinating again...With only two classes, this is pretty bad. I have a marketing group project to being researching for, but somehow can't bring myself to do it. I have been far too long without any proper work that I've settled into it. I need to get it in gear and do my part of the project in case one of the other members needs help. Guh. If only the topic were more interesting. I mean, Newell's Acquisition of Rubbermaid seems interesting and all, but I'd rather be outside exploring than sitting in front of my PC researching this case. It doesn't help that we don't present until week twelve of the class...I still have a while, right? Along with this project, I have a thank you letter to finish up in order to claim one of my scholarships at WVU, and a wonderful second grade class to email about my adventures. [I'll write you as soon as I can Mrs. Graziano!] For now, however, I think it is time I rest.

Goodnight, World.

No comments:

Post a Comment