Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day Forty-Seven.

Today is a great day of discovery. I discovered a microwave on the 6th floor when I was doing laundry. There was also a toaster. I discovered the university sends me an email when I get mail in the post, then consequently discovered the mail room, and my giant package from BEST FRIEND EVER, Rob. I discovered my roommates are shy, but a taste of American candy is a good bribe for them to talk to me. I discovered the two quiet ones are actually really nice too. I discovered TWO of my three US television shows air on Wednesday night and are always waiting on me when I get home from class. I also discovered a direct correlation between not speaking to a certain person and the height of my mood--that is to say, I'm happier now that I've been since I arrived. Peace out, Cub Scout. Hello, Discovery.

Only one more day stands between me and Spring Break. I have found several more people who are staying in town and we're going to rock Taipei for the weekend while everyone else is out of town. I'm looking forward to getting out of my room for a day or two before turning my concentration back to the books. Let's cross our fingers for sunshine and cloudless skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment