Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Forty-Six.

I think it is official: I am allergic to Taiwan.

There have only been a few days where I have felt my best here and today is definitely not one of them. I have a runny nose, sore throat, and the beginnings of a cough. On top of that, this week my wisdom teeth decided to all finish breaking through simultaneously. Needless to say, all I want to do is sleep.

I took my one and only midterm exam today. Overall, it went very well, however I forgot three of the acronyms (5 points each) and I am sure I messed up a few concepts. Still yet, it was far better than expected. I can handle a C on my midterm as long as my group does a good job on the project. I am sure I can do well on the final exam with more time to study.

My camera is lonely, gathering dust upon my shelf. It has been a very long time since I last took a photograph here and that saddens me. I want to travel more and get out, but this Chinese class is shackling me to my desk. Even over my small "Spring Break" this weekend I will be tied down studying due to the looming unit exam on the first day back in class. Sometimes I feel like a tired old mule, slaving away at my homework just to have it marked up in red, and tossed aside and the cycle begins again. I did take some leisure time today after my exam; I crawled into my bed with my Kindle and finished the novel I've been working on for quite some time. It is nice to have that familiar feeling of accomplishment at ticking another book off of the list. I will admit though, I am sad the story ended. I guess now the quest begins to pick the next candidate amongst the titles fighting and shuffling to be first in line...

No comments:

Post a Comment