Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day Twenty-Nine.

Today was a day of great exploration. Jeff and I moseyed around MCU and Shilin until we became bored, then decided to go to Niehu to visit Raohe Street Night Market. I have to admit, Raohe is much better than Shilin; the shops are nicer, and the area is much cleaner as well. While we were there, we visited a traditional temple and he explained each of the gods and their purposes. The temple was absolutely beautiful and I learned much from the visit.

While in the night market, I was finally able to try some vendor food! Unfortunately, I cannot remember what the item was called, but at least I captured a photograph as proof! It was made by frying a batter or sorts on a griddle and placing the meat, cheese and vegetables on top with salad dressing, then neatly folded as such and placed into a cone shaped holder for convenience. It was delicious. I can't wait to eat my way through the rest of the places I visit!

At last, our streak of bleak weather has broken. Today was absolutely beautiful--perfect for exploring. I am not looking forward to the weather returning to it's dreary state on Tuesday. Rain, rain, go away!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment